Wednesday, April 29, 2020

WHAT BEING SINGLE AGAIN MEANS TO ME NOW?

Yes, I am single now. I have been single for about 3 months now(A sober, haha!). While there are a lot of things that led the relationship to be broken, I am not gonna discuss them here now. I wanted to share what being single AGAIN is really like, especially after a 'serious' (LOL) relationship of about 2 years. Here are my reflections about my second phase of living single and how it differs from my first one.
  • I have more time on my hands now.
  • Since I have more time, I make use of it in various activities that I haven't tried out at all or in some time.
  • I garden.
  • I spend my time without my mobile phone now without the ever nagging compulsion to carry it around all the time. This is one thing I appreciate a lot now. Previously, I had to carry my cellphone with me even when I had to step out the home for a while for a small walk. Now, I don't have to wait for the message from that 'one' and reply to it immediately(Believe me, I had to reply as soon as I got the message, because slow replies were frowned upon and fought on too).
  • I look at things differently now. Well, this may not be the case for everybody being single and  it is more of a personal observation.
  • In a sense, I feel more free now. I guess this would be the case for people who have come out of a toxic relationship. Not that I mean my relationship was completely toxic, but to a certain degree it was locking me down from my desires. 
  • I sing. Yes, can you even believe it? I have started practicing again because, you know, I got a lot of free time(ta-da!).
  • I feel more focussed on building my career now. I want to do something worthy, something to achieve for myself. I work for it now everyday, or at-least I get the motivation to work for it, to go for it. I have the never ending urge to establish something for myself now. And building my career comes first before me to accomplish that. 
  • I socialize better, without the fear of being 'caught'(LOL, what an idiot I have been!). This may not be everybody's case, but I feel that now, I feel more free to socialize with new people without having to provide a log of whom I met and whom I talked to, to some other person. This is liberating(Yee-haw!).
  • I have the urge to look better now. This has led to me looking to improve myself in various aspects. Better grooming, better dressing, better gentleman manners, and what not? 
In a lot of ways, I can go on explaining how me, breaking away from an almost toxic relationship was the best thing I did in years. Nevertheless, there is a pain of missing somebody, and it is real. I know that I will overcome this one day. I did that earlier too. But, it takes time. And, how does this phase of being single differ from my previous one? Because, this time, I am not the 'Romeo' from some movie, waiting romantically all my time for some 'Juliet'. I know what being in a serious relationship is like, and will be more cautious of my next steps and decisions related to love and relationships now. This too shall pass, but until it does, I am going to enjoy every bit of this phase, learn more about and focus more on myself rather than trying to please somebody else.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete